"A Centre of Excellence"

Photography Competition 2074 || Sports and Creative Week 2018

horizontal line

Organized By: Multimedia Division, IT Club

Email: itclub@uniglobecollege.edu.np

Uniglobe SS/College, Kamaladi, Kathmandu


Photography Competition 2074  

Sports and Creative Week     

Magh 8 - 11, 2074



This is to notify all the students that the Multimedia Division, IT Club of Science & Management are going to organize “Photography Competition 2074” in the month of Magh 8 - 11, 2074. Students were notified to nominate their name via Online Nomination Form.


About the Competition:

  • Considering the fact that one’s skills cannot be judged on the availability of device one has, we have decided to divide the Photography Competition into two categories to make the competition fair:

  1. Photographs taken from Mobile Devices

  2. Photographs taken from Camera

  • During the prize distribution ceremony, the winners, first-runner ups and second-runner ups from both the categories will have to be awarded.

  • The theme of the Competition will be “Sports and Creativity”.


How can you Participate?

  1. This competition is open to all the students of Uniglobe SS and Global College International (GCE A-Level).

  2. Participants who have submitted their Nomination via Online Form can participate. However can withdraw their name before the Competition Day.

  3. Participants should bring their own equipment for Photography.

  4. Participants can use either Camera or Mobile devices for Photography.

  5. Image that has been shot outside the school premises and before the sports week will not be eligible.

Submission of Entries

  1. Participants should submit the “Best Captured Images” daily starting from Day 1 till Day 4  (Magh 8 to Magh 11) to MIS Office, IT Department, Block B which will be published in Album at Facebook/Flickr owned by Uniglobe SS/College. They can submit via Email: it@uniglobecollege.edu.np before 10 PM.

  2. Submitted images should be in JPEG format and each image should not exceed 20 MB.

  3. Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the “Best Captured Images” will not be allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast, adjustment, or simple cropping will be allowed.

  4. The Folder / Filename for each image submitted daily, should be clearly labelled with the participant’s name, stream, class and section.

E.g. a Student named Ram Dahal from Science Stream, Grade 12 Section N will have to name his 3 photos as:

“Ram_Dahal_Sci_XII_N_1”, “Ram_Dahal_Sci_XII_N_2” and “Ram_Dahal_Sci_XII_N_3” respectively.

  1. On Day 4 (Magh 11) each participant should submit the “Best Four (4) Images” in Printed Format and should be among the “Best Captured Images” that will be published daily in Facebook/Flickr Album.



  1. Each image submitted must be the original and unpublished work of the participant.

  2. The participant shall retain copyright to the image which is submitted for the competition.

  3. By submitting an image for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having granted the organiser the right to use the image in print, broadcast and/or electronic media without any fee payment.


Judging and Result

  1. Photos will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance.

  2. 90 % of the evaluation with be based on Judges Decision and the rest 10% will be based on Likes/Reach/Share/Comment/Tag/Mention of the Album published at Facebook/Flickr.

  3. The panel of judges will evaluate (90%) the “Best Four (4) Images” submitted by each participants based on the following criteria:

  • Artistic/visual appeal.

  • Extent to which the photograph captures the essence of the theme.


  1. We will have winners in the following categories:

  • Camera user (3 winners. 1 first prize, 1 runner-up, 1 second runner-up)

        Best photo taken via Camera (SLR, mirrorless, etc.)

  • Mobile user (3 winners. 1 first prize, 1 runner-up, 1 second runner-up)

        Best photo taken via Mobile Device (phone or tablet).


Pramish Shakya

Incharge, Photography, SCW 2018


Management Committee

Multimedia Division, IT Club

Uniglobe SS/College